About us

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Need advice on how to “quit” my friend’s business

Since June last year I(28f) have been working with my friend to help grow her(36f) business. She always treated (and paid) me as an equal partner, and we had tons of fun together.

As we rolled out a new version of our offering this past month, I was planning on having a sit down and officialize my partnership in the business.

A couple of months ago though, she hired a “business coach”, and things started to change a lot. I disagree with several strategies he suggests, and my friend’s behavior towards me changed.

She’s micromanaging what I do/don’t do and the last drop was that she “cut my pay” by almost 5 fold because “she needs to start treating this as a real business”. She did that by taking me to a sit down dinner and had a whole speech prepared, which undoubtedly came straight from the “coach”, who I later learned is getting paid “thousands of dollars month”.

I was in such disbelief and did not have the confidence to say anything so just kept going. I know I need to leave if I wanna preserve the friendship long term, but I’m sad to leave the project behind AND don’t know how to start this awkward conversation.

What would you do?

TL;DR: Friend no longer treats me as a business partner and I need advice on how to quit

submitted by /u/Robinator2016
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment