About us

Tuesday, September 3, 2024

I told my best friend I like her more than a friend

So I(20M) told my best friend (28F) that I like her more than a friend. So for some context she has a boyfriend that she’s been with for 2 years. We’ve known each other for about a year but best friends for like 4 months. We get along really well together, we joke around a lot and when we do she punches or slaps my arm, we hangout a lot and sometimes just the two of us in either one of our cars, we text/call all day, we could be talking about anything for hours and not get bored, we literally talk until we fall asleep on the phone together, and we go to the gym together. He’s been suspicious of us since the beginning of when we were best friends. He thinks she would cheat on him with me and he thinks I like her more than a friend. And because of his suspicions of me she has asked me if I liked her 2 times before.

So 4 days ago I kinda made her think or feel guilty about her talking to me so much. I told her that if I had a girlfriend I wouldn’t be talking to her as much as I do right now and she took it like a comment about her like if I was saying she has a boyfriend yet she talks to me so much. I asked her if her boyfriend even knows how much we talk and that we sleep on the phone together which the answer was no he doesn’t know. So she ended up telling him and he got irritated and told her she shouldn’t be talking to me at night and just as much in general. So she set some boundaries of us not talking at night which I said “that’s completely fine I understand”. So after all this she asked me if I liked her which would be for the 3rd time and the other 2 times I lied and said no but this time I told the truth and said I did like her. She was surprised because I’ve never shown it or done anything for her to think that. I asked her if she liked me and her response basically was that she feels like she can’t like me romantically because she has a boyfriend but subconsciously she probably does like me more than a friend and she thinks if she was single she would like me that way.

Since then we’ve hung out 2 nights in a row once at 1:30am in my car and this last night we hung out in her car and she asked me why I liked her. I told her cause of her personality and she’s pretty. She also asked me why I did tell her sooner and I responded with that I didn’t want to tell her I liked her because she’s in a relationship why would I. She told me it’s good I told her and that you never know what could happen, but as of right now she still feels the same way as she told me. I really think she does like me because she said maybe subconsciously she does like me and if she was single she would like me in that way. And also she is still talking to me on the phone till we go to sleep even though her boyfriend isn’t comfortable with it and even hanging out with me at night. What do you guys think of the whole situation?

TL:DR
So basically my best friend now knows she likes me and even though she said she would only like me if she was single I think her actions show otherwise. What should I do next if I actually want to pursue a relationship with her? What do you guys think of the whole situation?

submitted by /u/AdvancedLong9175
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment