About us

Sunday, September 1, 2024

My (30M) friend (30F) saw our new apartment for the first time, and I feel she was rude. Seeking an outside perspective.

My partner and I just moved into a new (old) apartment. We love it. Our friends have slowly come over since the move, and everyone has said something nice about it. I feel this is the socially acceptable thing to do when seeing someone’s place for the first time - just be kind and say something nice.

Yesterday, my partner (30F) went out for drinks, and came back with a friend (30F)

This friend didn’t say anything nice about the apartment. She just kept saying how there was a house for sale up the road with enough bedrooms so that our friend group could rent it. She even showed some pictures.

I found this to be rude, almost jealous/insecure on her part, and I have been ruminating about it since it happened.

Should I say something, after the fact, to this friend? Or should I drop it and just speak up if it happens again the next time she is over?

TL;DR - Friend came over after drinks, didn’t say one nice thing about the new apartment, just spoke about a house up the street our friend group could rent together. Should I say something after the fact? Or ignore it until it happens again?

submitted by /u/skibum207
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment