About us

Monday, March 7, 2022

Boyfriend (29M) going to a stag-do this weekend. Thinking of breaking up

Hi, I (23F) have been with my boyfriend (29M) for almost 2 years, living together for almost 1. He is going to a stag do this Saturday and I am unhappy with this in addition to other factors in our relationship, such as being his emotional punching bag and feeling like I’m getting in the way of his life without trying to.

Basically, my boyfriend is a perfectionist and has been mad at me on and off for 6 months over things like me taking too long to get ready or not performing well enough in the gym etc. Now he is going to a stag do which may involve strippers. Not a big deal, I get that it’s not like he’s going by himself to the strip club every week, but I’m still bothered. It pisses me off that he can treat me like I’m so unimportant whenever we go out to do something together but will happily spend money on strippers. I also don’t want to tell him not to go as I want him to hang out with his friends and have a good time. So basically, I just feel that I am an unnecessary obstacle in his life. We live together though and he is paying off University at the moment, so it’s logistically hard for me to just leave. He would likely still expect me to pay my part here and then I’d have to pay to stay somewhere else.

What does one do in situations like this?

TLDR; My (23F) boyfriend (29M) is going to a stag do this weekend. This in addition to other factors in our relationship is prompting me to think it’s over but not sure how to go about breaking up when we live together and still love each other? This would take him by surprise

submitted by /u/Low-Substance-5274
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment