About us

Friday, April 19, 2024

Does the man I'm dating have commitment issues? F24 and M27

Does he have commitment issues? M27 and F24

I'll give a brief timeline.

Met him 31st March 2024 at a Festival. He approached me and we started to talk. Stayed for 2 hours talking. exchanged numbers.

He called the following day and we arranged our first date on for Thursday 4th April. Went out to dinner and had a great time.

Called me Saturday 6th April and asked to go out with me that day. Date lasted 12 hours had the most amazing time.

Monday 8th April rocks up at my work just to say hello. We also went out on a date that evening and had a fantastic time.

Saw each other again on Wednesday 10th April. Had a fantastic time. Super affectionate and complimentary. And told me he really really likes me about 10 times.

Saw each other again on Thursday 11th April and again another fantastic time. Super affectionate and even said he can't wait to marry me.

Called me Saturday 13th April in the morning sounded a little different and said he hasn't really spent anytime with his family this week and needs to spend time with them.

Called me Sunday night on the 14th April and asked if he could see me. I had visitors over so told him I couldn't.

Monday 15th April called and asked if he could see me after work. I said ok. He was pretty distant. and said we will see each other sometime this week.

I could sense a change in behaviour. He was no longer planning dates but instead would want to meet me on a whim and expect me to be available.

He asked to see me again on Wednesday 17th April after work. We met up and I had a talk with him about where this relationship was going. I told him what my expectations are among those being that if he wanted to pursue this relationship I would like him to plan proper dates that included the weekend. He was very receptive and we actually discussed what he wanted from each other for a couple of hours.

Next day Thursday 18th April I don't hear from him all day. He calls me at night and tells me he is feeling numb and overwhelmed. I said to him that he is obviously confused and its best that he takes some time to think about what he wants.

This morning he calls me and says he is near my work and asks if I have time to grab a coffee with him. I told him no that I was busy. I'm so confused with this guy. He went from being the most amazing self assured guy to someone who doesn't know what he wants.

I was never the initiator in the relationship. He would always call me and text first. I never called or texted first. During our dates he would just stare at me with the widest grin on his face to the point where I had to look away. He would refuse to sit opposite me at the restaurant and only want to sit next to me. He would not let go of my hand the entire date. He would hug me and not let go for 5 minutes straight. He was so into me and now he suddenly is numb. I don't get it. I'm just so glad I didn't sleep with him then I really would have felt even more like shit.

Does this guy have commitment issues? Because I feel he has one foot in the door and the other out. I really like him but I don't want to waste my time on someone who is going to be hot and cold all the time.

TL;DR - should I just end it now and save myself future heartache?

submitted by /u/StatusCount3670
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment