About us

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

I (23F) am not sure I want to live with my boyfriend (24M) anymore after we’ve signed a lease

I (23F) just signed a lease with my boyfriend of 10 months (24M) to move to a new city together and am getting major cold feet. Background: I broke up with my ex of 2 years ~10 months ago at the advice of my current boyfriend and another friend, and almost immediately started dating my current boyfriend (I did not break up with my ex for my current boyfriend & had no feelings for him prior to the breakup). I am now realizing I likely got into this relationship to cope with the breakup and have just started grieving my ex, who I still feel very strongly for. I know I did several things wrong to both parties and am not looking for judgement, just advice. My current partner is relying on me financially for this move, and we’ve ended our lease at our current apartment and have also gotten jobs lined up. There would be no way for me to have a conversation about ending our relationship without significantly impacting him financially, which I would like to avoid doing — however, if I continue feeling like this, I don’t want to lead him on or stay in a relationship with him where we’re not on the same page because he doesn’t deserve that. I genuinely don’t know what to do that’s respectful to both him and myself. Any advice is appreciated.

TLDR; Planning a major move with my bf, only to start to feel like this relationship isn’t right for me at this time in life after plans have been made that will impact us financially.

submitted by /u/vhs1988
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment