About us

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Me (26 f) and my husband (27m) have very different ideas of what intimacy means, and how often it's needed.

Hi me (26f) and my husband (27m) have very different ideas of intimacy. For me it hold my hand, playing with my hair, a back rub, a kiss on the head. To my husband he doesn't quite understand it. He says he doesn't need it and he's perfectly fine without touching unless it's sex. Now here's something to note he has some truma from when he was a kid. He went to therapy and basically everything is sexual even a kiss. He was telling me that when he sees his mom and dad dancing in the kitchen, or his dad kiss his mom he assumes they are having sex that night. I'm dying for any attention and he says, "I touch you all the time." He means he puts his hand on me ther is no cuddling. There are no kisses or back rubs, he holds my hand but that's it. I no longer want sex at all, but there's some truma with that for me. I'm not sure what to do I explain it to him he doesn't understand. I don't find any of the things he says about his parents to be sexual they just love eachother. I just feel like he doesn't like me. And I know there is stress but this was going on before. I'll tell him he tries forna week and it stops after. I don't know what to do, I just want affection. I'm so lost right now and it doesn't help that he feels nothing. He has basically no emotion. We can't afford therapy for him or me or even both of us. At this point it feels like I have to suck it up, and I'm trying so hard to but I just feel lonely. I can't talk to anyone I have no friends and can't talk to my parents or my sister. None of them have hathy relationships, and I don't want them to view him differently. Am I wrong for wanting this or is his view normal? I think I just need advice.

TD;LR: me (26f) and my husband (27m) have very different ideas on what intimacy means.

submitted by /u/ApprehensiveAd3133
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment