About us

Wednesday, May 24, 2023

My [28M] girlfriends [23F] bad moods are causing tension in our home

Myself and my girlfriend recently moved to a new city and are living together in a small apartment. It’s been nice for the most part, but there’s a problem that’s building. My girlfriend can be incredibly moody and hot headed. The thing is that it’s never anything malicious, she’s just easily annoyed over small things.

I understand that she can’t be happy all the time, but It’s the frequency of her moods that’s bothering me. I feel like I can’t go a day without her getting upset about something.

She is moody at some point every day. Sometimes she’s mad at me, more often it’s a general bad mood. On occasion she (and she says this herself) “ wakes up on the wrong side of the bed” and has an entire day where shes fuming. These days ruin my entire day.

I’ve tried to help her get out of the mood, from talking to her, but she doesn’t want to talk about it and get’s upset. I’ve tried cooking healthy and exercising too, which works a little, but she’s still a hot head by nature.

Because we are living in a small space, in a new city and don’t have many friends yet, I feel like I don’t have an escape.. If she’s moody the best thing to do is leave, but that leaves me just wandering around the city alone and killing time in the movies/ at bars until she calms down. It’s not fair.

Lately, it’s been getting to me more and I’ve been having angry outbursts that I’m ashamed of. I can handle her moods, but I need a few days in between. I’m really being pushed and I don’t like how I’m reacting to the pressure. I told her that the main source is coming from her and told her she needs to talk to someone like a counsellor, because I’m not a professional and can’t handle the frequency of the fights. She said that she’s not ready for that and doesn’t want to be forced.

I honestly don’t know where else to go from this. When I actually think about what she’s annoyed about or what instigates the fights are, it feels ridiculous because they are over such small things, but accumulated, they are really bothering me

TLDR; My girlfriend is hot headed and easily annoyed. She gets annoyed over small things every single day and over time this is starting to frustrate me cause me to have outbursts. The source of the arguments is coming from her mood. I’ve tried to get her to exercise, eat healthy and I’ve talked to her, but it’s draining me. I suggested therapy, but she’s not ready. What can I do if the source of our fights is coming from her mood that she’s not resolving herself?

submitted by /u/Monkeymadn3ss
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment