About us

Thursday, May 4, 2023

Should I (28/f) cancel my first date with (27/m) after being ignored all of yesterday?

Tl;dr - we were both honest about wanting intimacy and not being able to find what we’re looking for in partners. He was really straightforward with me and I was with him. He’s called me almost every night since we met, we text first.

I called him too but it was mainly him, he felt comfortable calling me when he thought about me or wanted to know I was smiling or to hear my laugh. Admittedly, it’s only been a week but it’s been a great start. I’m not invested because things happen I guess, I’d be very disappointed and I think it’d take some time to get over this. Things are intense and I’m excited to see what will happen between us.

Things were going well until I said something about an insecurity with being intimate, I want to take things slow and get to know him in person. I don’t have a timeframe but I said I won’t rush into anting sexual. He was offended and said he doesn’t want me to hold back.

He wants passion and some sort of closeness while getting to know me. It’s important we’re physical. I’m not the same, I need time to ease into it and the more we spend time together the more we’ll grow closer together. I want passion just not straight away.

Anyway, I need advice because I don’t know if I should give him the benefit or doubt and still meet up for our first date today. The friction between us happened the day before yesterday. He ignored my messages I sent and didn’t call.

This morning he message me on WhatsApp (another app to the one we’ve been communicating on) trying to confirm our date. I know some people don’t like talking the day or sometimes days before the first date. I don’t know what to make of it. He’s been on social media and using it as if he wasn’t busy at all.

I could be over thinking it, he was big on communicating and feeling comfortable with each other. He said he’d never leave me feeling confused, neglected or unsure of his intentions. Except I do now.

I need advice, should I cancel our first date?

submitted by /u/Maleficent-Weekend66
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment