About us

Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Am I wrong for thinking about ending friendship

Been friends for 10 years. Friend left her husband for a guy she works with (he left his wife). She has 3 kids and he has two. Imploded their families, got together within two months. Moved in together, all kids thrust together basically. Slapped her ex with a DVO. Coparenting relationships are not civil. She has now fallen out with her sister and Mom due to them not being supportive of their new family unit.

I have supported her this whole time until I just couldn’t do it anymore. It started giving me major ick. Believe they are the victims in the situation; can’t believe their exes hate them. Total mental gymnastics and they act so hard done by. I texted her explaining how I felt (I know text isn’t great but I articulate myself better in writing). Shes obviously not happy with what Ive said. Believes friends support each other even when they don’t always agree, which yes, of course. However, when it comes to questions of character and morals, where do you draw the line. Unsure where to go from here? I think our values just don’t align anymore. Am I wrong for ‘ambushing’ my friend with my concerns/feelings?

TLDR; friend making questionable choices, unsure if I can/want to continue friendship. Am I wrong?

submitted by /u/luludum
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment