About us

Sunday, December 10, 2023

How do I M(30) navigate my ex F(26) now potentially resenting me?

Even though I was the one who chose to break things off, it needed her to finally understand the decision before going no contact with me. In her goodbye message she showed a renewed goodwill towards me having accepted my wish, and expressed a desire to tie up loose ends.

There are pictures we took during trips together that I never got around to sending her due to a lack of cloud space, so I'd asked her to download them so I can clear space for the rest of them. In the goodbye message she asked me to give her time and said she'd be in touch with me about sending the rest.

Well a week has gone by and I've heard absolutely nothing from her. I chased her up yesterday asking about it via the only channels I've got left to contact her to no avail.

It's eating me up on beyond reason. All of the pictures are from trips we did together, trips I know she loved and felt all the more connected to me for. Breaking up hurts me immensely too, but when I reflect on the time spent together I naturally want to view it from a place of gratitude, remembering the happy moments. She gave me the impression that she isn't the type to erase all evidence of her ex partners, but I'm starting to fear that she's trying to do that right now.

I realise it's an ego thing and I have to get past worrying about things I can't control, but it's incredibly difficult. Her not chasing me up on the pictures is a kind of rejection I haven't experienced before. The idea of her wanting to forget everything, erasing the memories from her life feels like it was all for nothing, making it harder from my perspective to accept the past and move on.

TLDR; My ex seemingly no longer wants the pictures of us I'm supposed to send her. It's getting me down and impacting my ability to move on.

submitted by /u/Psychological_Lab_52
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment