About us

Saturday, December 30, 2023

Is my (34m) mother (62f) gaslighting me?

TL:DR I'm on disability and my aunt excessively shames me for it. I think my mom is gaslighting me about it.

Let me start off by saying I'm on disablity. And relative to that, Ive been having problems with my aunt for over a year now.

She has said a lot of negative things to me while I was staying with her during my fathers cancer surgery, (a rough time for sure) to try to shame me for being on disability. Screaming at me to get a job, saying I'm not a real man, and that I'm going to hell. She mockingly calls me a little boy, calls me a pervert for no reason, and trash talks to her kids about me. I've even got the impression she doesn't want me to have kids. I feel this all stems from me being on disability.

I try to explain what she's said and how I feel to my mother. Her reaction is usually "she didn't mean any of those things, you're just taking them the wrong way". Which honestly makes me feel like I have a problem. She brought up talking to my aunt about it and mentioned she shouldn't be telling me to get a job.

Am I crazy to think that of all the things I told her my aunt said about me. That I'm going to hell, that I'm not even a man, I shouldn't have children....she picked "she shouldn't be telling you to get a job" as the most important thing to confront her about? That is almost trivial to me.

What my aunt hates about me and will shame, belittle, and seemingly harass me about is being on disability. And what they don't realize is I DESERVE to be on disability.

Am I crazy or is she gaslighting me about the issue?

submitted by /u/Fantastic-You8899
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment