About us

Saturday, December 2, 2023

I feel like I can't stand my relatives anymore

I (20f) live about over 200 miles away from my mom. She lives at the countryside and the people there are just odd to me. Very religious and just weird to me. I visit my mom usually once in two months because of the distance and often while visiting I have to see my stepfather's relatives as well. My mom's in laws are those types of people who don't understand most of the situations and speak up their minds and comment things without thinking first. Their comments usually make the room feel awkward and sometimes makes me feel rage of their stupidity. I have tried to be nice to them even though their comments sometimes makes me want to speak back at them. But now that their stupid comments are going under my skin because they don't see anything wrong with commenting about someone's health just like that, without even knowing how the other person really feels. I want to keep the peace with them since I see them as well when I visit my mom but I'm tired of playing pretend anymore and I want to put them on their place at least as nice as I can without starting a big argue.

TL;DR: my mom's in laws are driving me crazy with their awkward and rude comments and I can't keep it in me anymore. I want to put them in their place and make them understand that they just can't blurt out everything they are thinking at the moment without knowing the seriousness of the situations. How can I do this without causing a big scene?

submitted by /u/tiny_feisty_rebel
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment