About us

Thursday, December 28, 2023

TLDR Am I horrible for giving an ultimatum? 41f/54M LD 6months

I’ve been dating a man long distance for the past six months. We see each other multiple times a month and spend countless hours on FaceTime daily. We have an amazing sex life, our beliefs align and typically understand each other in every way…I feel like this man is the love of my life and says he loves me too. Here is the issue… I want to be in a committed relationship with him at this point. He however feels someone should spend 1-2 years as friends building the foundation before a committed relationship.He says at the point he wants the relationship he will propose marriage. I view this as backwards as I feel the commitment is a major part of building the foundation. I never intended to have a friends with benefits relationship with anyone because I know it’s makes me insecure. I have sacrificed my beliefs about relationships for his essentially. All this man would have to do is say he wants a relationship and I’m willing to relocated to his city, two states away in 60 days when my lease is up. Of course I won’t be doing that if he doesn’t want the commitment. I’m not asking for the ring or to move in with him!

To me I feel like after 6 months a man knows if he wants a relationship and future. I feel awful for telling him he needs to make the decision if he wants a future with me and if not I am going to walk away from the love of my life .

TLDR Am I horrible for giving an ultimatum?

submitted by /u/Tumbleweeds420
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment