About us

Thursday, December 7, 2023

My friends think he’s taking advantage of me

My (22f) boyfriend (23m) broke up with me due to going through a really really really hard time with his physical and mental health. He decided that it was best for us to break up, cause he said I deserved someone who could give me the world as he couldn’t because of his physical and mental health. He is fatigued and works fulltime to distract himself from the pain and the reality of being chronically ill.

I was heartbroken cause I was and am still willing to stay by his side and love him unconditionally. I have never loved and cared for a man as much as I have with him. He is the most hardworking, sweetest, funniest, smartest and resilient man I know. He was my first healthy relationship and taught me what it meant to be genuinely loved.

Despite being sad, I respected and accepted his decision and we have decided to stay friends. We talk on the phone every day and we’re very vocal about our love and appreciation towards one another and even went out on a little date the other day.

My friends (21f, 22f) think it’s bullshit, they think that any time a man breaks up with you but still continues to act like you’re in a relationship, that means he just wants the advantages of being in a relationship without having to commit. They frequently use the saying “if he wanted to, he would” meaning that if he genuinely loved me, he would fight for me and still try to make our relationship work.

I think that what they’re saying is not true, inconsiderate and heartless given his circumstances. He’s tired, extremely ill and in constant pain. It’s not fair to expect so much from someone who’s dealing with so much in their life.

What’s your opinion on this?

TLDR; boyfriend broke up with me due to his really bad physical and mental health. we decided to stay friends and stay in contact regularly, even went on a little date. friends think it’s bullshit and don’t get why he would breakup with me if he genuinely loves me so much.

submitted by /u/24THR0W4WAY24
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment