About us

Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Is it okay to hook up with someone, while expecting to continue dating someone else?

I [M22] met someone on vacation in August and dated and had sex with her for 1 week. I'm planning to move back there in January and continue dating her. We're texting fairly frequently (every 1-2 days).

Would it be wrong if I went on a date/hooked up with someone else during these months?

We obviously never had an exclusivity talk and we also talked about how we wanted to take it slow and date at a regular pace when I come back.

I see three options:

  • I hook up with the other person and don't tell the first person about it.
  • I ask the first person on whether she's seeing anyone else / or she'd be ok with me seeing anyone else. I feel like this is a weird question to ask.
  • I don't hook up with the other person, without asking anyone.

A female friend of mine told me it's okay to date multiple people as long as you're not committed, but I always feel very unsure about this.

What do you think?

If communication is the answer, I would appreciate advice on how to best communicate this.

TLDR: Is it okay to hook up with someone, while expecting to continue dating someone else?

submitted by /u/Niio
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment