About us

Sunday, November 27, 2022

Can you love someone who you think is a bad person?

There is this woman I have had strong feelings for. We are in the same PhD program. When I first met her, I thought she was friendly and innocent, but then she acted flirty to help her cheat in homework. I was not seeking her out, but she acted that way anyways.

We still became friends, but fast forward, we take a qualifier exam. I pass it and she does not. We become friends, 4 months pass and she has to take the retake. Only then, after a month of not talking, does she ask me for help when we had spent the past months talking like best friends. She assumed I was interested in her, so she never wanted to meet me in person, but at the same time she never wanted to study for the exam.

She passes anyways, but later on, she thinks I am interested in her, and after months of not talking to each other in person, she wants me to spend money on a trip for me to have a chance to be with her, even though I had never given her an indication I was interested in her.

Anyways, it doesn't work out, months pass, and we finally have class together, I avoid seeing her, weeks pass and I have to present to the class. I actually see her and I feel an intense depression. I have a feeling she is using drugs because she is depressed. After that, I do not talk to her, but for 2 weeks I have been so sick I cannot sleep or eat. I can barely handle it, I do not why I am feeling this way. I keep thinking that it is her own fault that she did not do well in school and that she is ruining her life.

She is an international student from China, and she always did things that gave me a lot of concern. She does not speak English well and she is extremely shy in person. She is very pretty, but the only interaction she seems to be able to have is with men who she thinks are interested in her. She is extremely awkward and I think she has autism (I think I have autism too, not a joke). I think she is extremely hedonistic. I am quite the opposite. I always did well in school. I do not know if I should care about her. She has treated me poorly and only got interested in me again after I said I was going to get a job (we were arguing, and she started to drill me pretty badly, so I came up with that just to not loose so much face after telling her I still cared for her). She has been trying to rekindle but I keep acting as if I do not know that. I am not sure if she has given up. Should I rekindle our relationship?

tl;dr Woman I have strong feeling for does bad things but I cannot decide to leave her.

submitted by /u/MrOrangeCoin
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment