About us

Wednesday, February 7, 2024

My (29M) partner (28F) of 6 years wants to end our relationship

This is my first time posting on reddit and my head is still a bit all over the place so I'm sorry if this sounds stupid.

I'm hoping for some advice on how we can stay together but give each other enough space to grow as people.

When we first got together she had only just recently gotten out of a different relationship. From what she has told me she has actually been in steady relationships from when she was in her teens. I had been single for almost 6 years at the point when we meet.

One of the main reasons she want to break up is she feels she has never had the time to be herself and find out who she is or what she wants. Over the years I feel like I haven't helped with this because we have pretty much been joined at the hip. Anytime one of us is going to do something the other is always there. It was never me or her it was always us. At the time I didnt realise just how upsetting this was to her or how she felt like she had no independence.

We only broke up on Saturday and are still living together. She had asked for some space to let things settle before we talk again and I've been trying to give her that but it's hard when all I want to do is hug her and tell her I understand.

I want to give her the space she needs to find herself but I also dont want to lose the person that I love.

At this point I think she has made up her mind and I'm trying to respect that and be okay with it but more than anything I just want the chance for us to talk and get through this somehow.

I still want to believe that we can have our independence and grow as people but work through this together somehow. But I also don't want to make her feel like I'm some weight around her neck.

I'm just afraid I've realising everything too little too late.

I'm sorry for the long and rambling post. I just needed to say this somewhere I'm losing the person I love and dont know what to do anymoew

TLDR: my girlfriend want to break up because she want room to find herself. I want to give her that but also don't want to lose her.

submitted by /u/WoofMcRwar1
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment