About us

Sunday, February 25, 2024

My (33) GF is hated by my family and I'm (30) in the middle of it

Me, I'm from Chinese family with quite traditional family background. My girlfriend is half Chinese, half. After dating for a year, brought her over to my family gathering and she was shun by my family. During the lunch and dinners she was quite expressive, vocal and loud. As most asians we are more on the quieter side.

My Chinese parents spoke to me, advising me to pick another girl as this girl isn't for me. They are very against her and went to the extend of telling me not to bring her home. Reason being due to her being rude.

I really do love her and I've accepted her for who she is way before dating her. I'm in the limbo now if I should lean towards my family's side (break up with her) or go on the side with my girlfriend (stay).

It's taking a huge toll on the relationship and our mental health. What would you advice?

TL;DR: My family isn't accepting towards my girlfriend and wants us to breakup. They making me choose them or the girl.

submitted by /u/seantks
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment