About us

Monday, April 18, 2022

don't want to lose them

My(24) partner(25) of 4 ½ years has recently been thinking about their gender presentation and how they identify etc. I initially reacted kinda badly but after talking about it a little bit I'm fully on board with whatever they want to do. However they're understandably freaking out and unsure of what they want from life and whether we could work out so I offered to give them space without contact for a week to mull things over. It's only the second day without speaking and I'm really struggling. I want them to be happy and be able to explore and experiment and to have someone to support them throughout it, but if they feel that they can't do that whilst with me then they might end our relationship when I check in with them at the weekend. I'm preparing myself for the worst but I'm hoping they want me to stick around, even if just as a close friend.

TL;DR: Partner wants to experiment with gender possibly without my support, I'm feeling lost

submitted by /u/redloriyellowlori
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment