About us

Thursday, April 28, 2022

My (26F) sister (33F) and two brothers (31M 34M) are far right antivaxxers who think I'll die from the vaccine, and it's going to ruin our family

Crazy title I know but it's true. My parents are the same as my siblings honestly but they're way more reasonable and honestly just brainwashed via my brothers (who are brainwashed via American politics, we're not even American we're Australian not kidding).

Another aspect to it that worries me even more is that I'm a trans woman and transitioned when I was 21 before they became this extreme, so they were accepting of me then. I worry though that deep down, especially my brothers, they resent the fact that I'm trans, resent needing to use pronouns they don't "politically" agree with, etc. and if I do blow up (which I want to but need real advice first), they'll reveal their true colours in regards to me being trans. They believe not just antivax stuff but also in the spooky New World Order LGBT rights agenda bullshit, hence me worrying I'm not even human to them because I'm trans.

How do I know they think I'll be dead from the vaccine? Apart from them being very loud, they've said it to my face and in front of me knowing I've had the vaccine (2 doses of pfizer due for 3rd). Because I know they'll backtrack years from now when the world isn't actually dead, I decided to ask one of them. Here's word for word the conversation with names removed:

me: Do u think im gonna die in 3 years from the vaccine like brother and brother do?

sis: How many you had? Do u have any symptoms?

me: just wanna know tbh

sis: I think it’s a biological weapon and the more a person has, the more chance for life debilitating illness or death. Why?

sis: There are ways to detox

sis: What's going on? How r u doing?

Her first reply was all I honestly needed to hear. I know she cares, but I'm beyond angry about this. Here's where I need genuine advice. I have bipolar depression, moods already been low for a long time and I honestly am getting close to just exploding on all 3 of them. My only siblings. And by exploding I don't mean in a regular person way I mean in a bipolar way (LOL) which may mean I burn bridges in a moment of too much emotion, and I really don't want to. But she's going to expect a reply and I can't hide how pissed off I am anymore. I want to maintain a healthy close bond with them like we had when we were younger, but I can't anymore with how they're changing.

What on earth do I do? What can I even do? I don't want to say or do anything I'll regret but I'm done keeping my mouth shut.

TLDR: my whole family are far-right antivaxxers and think I'll die from vaccine, they listen to American far right politics/influencers and believe there's an LGBT agenda, I have bipolar depression and am going through a ton and feel like blowing up. I need an objective third person perspective to help ensure I don't say anything I'll regret.

submitted by /u/fairyflossgrill
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment