About us

Saturday, April 23, 2022

My [30M] ex fiancée [29F] of 8 years has told me she thinks she might have made a mistake ending things.

I'm spun out right now.

Basically I've been in an Airbnb the past 3 weeks, she said she wanted a break so I moved here to give her space, during the first two weeks we met up a couple of times, I wanted to see the dogs etc.

Last week she decided it was best if we split up and honestly she was relieved, she said a weight was off her shoulders and she was looking forward to the future.

Now I can't afford to live in the area we do so was going to have to move country to live with my parents again, I had just started a new job but I've handed in my notice, told all my family and friends that I'm moving back and got a job interview lined up for Monday. My boat is due on Friday. I had to move quickly as I don't have enough money to stay in the Airbnb and have a week remaining already paid.

Two days ago she says that she isn't sure she made the right choice and to be honest it really pissed me off, I had told her when we started the break to really think about things and speak to her therapist before deciding what she wants. I told her that when I saw her after deciding to split she seemed happy and hopeful, I was okay with the decision because it was what was best for us both.

She spoke to her therapist last night for the first time in months and called me after like we were getting back together and I'm just so fucking confused, I have literally pulled the plug on my life over here and grieved the end of the relationship this past week and now she pulls this? How am I meant to respond to this?

I don't know if I have everything down right, my head is clearly all over the place, I've had COVID this past week so I had that clouding my brain too.

Part of me still wants to go back to my parents and be alone for a bit at least, I don't know if I trust she wants me back or just misses me being there and helping her etc. I think she might have made the decision irrationally but she has said repeatedly over the years that she wants to be alone (while depressed so never believed her, this time she seemed in a good place so believed her)

Also it really sucks cause she is kinda claiming both dogs, part of me really wants to separate them and have one, I get they might miss each other and she is saying she needs them for support but.. I kinda do too right? Plus I have been paying for everything, food, insurance, vet bills and medicine plus taking them walking probably more than she does. She said she's going to get a dog walker but I don't know how she's going to afford all this..

There's probably more I can write, I'm not thinking clearly but I really need to sort my head out, I was 100% going back and now she's trying to get me back I don't know what to do.

Tldr: my ex fiancée of 8 years broke up with me and a week later wants to get back together after I've pulled the plug on my entire life. Wat do?

submitted by /u/I_CANT_AFFORD_SHIT
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment