About us

Monday, April 11, 2022

Why am I [M20] craving validation from my ex [F19]?

My ex and I broke up mutually after seeing that being together was terrible for us. The relationship was getting in the way of our lives and happiness.

I would say I am romantically over this person. I know this person is terrible for me and I don't want to get back with her. I wouldn't feel anything if she was with another man.

I still somehow want this person to be happy. Despite her treating me poorly, I know she's just projecting her trauma and insecurities. She has a lot of issues she needs to fix. I don't completely blame her. We just weren't ready to be in a relationship. I know she's not a terrible person either. She's very caring towards her friends. Just not someone I would want to get involved romantically.

I wanted nothing more than to end things with happiness. To look back at the relationship and smile. Maybe even laugh about it. Nobody did anything morally wrong, we didn't cuss or yell. We weren't mean. But my ex is seeing things with so much negativity. She's going out of her way to humiliate me and spread rumors about me. I was so shocked (because mostly this was behind my back) so I asked her about it. She is refusing to give me an answer.

While I am over ex, I am not over the fact that my ex hates me. It makes it feel like all the time spent was wasted. It makes it feel like everything was fake. I don't want to get back together with my ex, but I want her to at least acknowledge the amount of effort I put in and respect me for what I did. It's the fact that I still strongly care about someone who went out of their way to hate me. It's beyond humiliating.

TLDR:

I'm over my ex, but not over the fact that someone who cared about me now hates me.

submitted by /u/Apprehensive-Cat3460
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment