About us

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

how to respond to inlaws?

TL;DR: planned to meet inlaws in italy. Son is excited. Now they are backing out. Sad.

DH is scapegoat. Justnomil & dil obessed with gc daughter. Years of trying to get their acceotance (I know.. :( )

Anyways... they had planned a huge trip for their children, so's, and my son to go on a safari in africa next summer. I am 5 months pregnant now so we had to back out due to the nature of bringing a 7 mo old to Africa...

We decided instead to meet them over in Italy after as their heritage is from there and they said thats where they were going after Africa. Ive been there several times and have no qualms bringing a under 1 year old there. This was going to be a trip where my 6 year old could see my husbands "homeland", etc... as his parents have been talking about for years.

So my FIL decides to invite his brother and his wife on african safari to take our spots. No worries. Now, they have planned to not meet us in Italy and go to Spain with them instead.

We will still go to Italy but I am left with a sense of disappointment. Its like pulling teeth to get these people to spend time with us and my son, and they had my 6 yo excited about meeting them there. Once again we feel super pushed to the side by them. What can I say?

submitted by /u/beentherebefore7
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment