About us

Saturday, April 16, 2022

[UPDATE] I saw boyfriend's (23M) messages and confronted him about it

First part of my post: https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/u3djlb/i_saw_boyfriends_23m_messages_and_im_unsure_what/?sort=new

SUMMARY OF 1ST PART: My boyfriend forgot to logout of his fb when he used my laptop, so I ended up seeing his messages with his friend (chat box was open). Mainly, it stated how he lowkey wanted to be single to have fun, and that he couldnt stop thinking about this other girl. He also kept repeating how the "struggle is so real," insinuating how it's getting increasingly difficult for him to fight his urges, or to fight off temptation.

So I ended up confronting my boyfriend about the whole thing and he was nothing but apologetic. He clarified that the messages were taken out of context, and it was merely the *idea* of someone having a thing for him (as the girl mentioned in my post asked our other friend if my boyfriend was single) that sparked something in him, which in turn made him miss the single life. He assured me that it wasn't a lingering feeling or anything, it just excited him. He still definitely sees a future with me, calling me his "endgame." He ended up bawling (he never cries) when he realized that he could actually lose me over this. He said that he didn't tell me about any of this in the first place because he thought it wasn't a big deal and it would just unnecessarily hurt me. I explained that he doesn't have to tell me about every single girl he finds attractive, but if it concerns feelings of wanting to be single and thinking about other girls (more than just a fleeting reaction), then he should definitely tell me. He agreed.

I do believe that his words are genuine but I still asked for some space as I need time to think things over. He still messages me, mostly to just greet me good morning or good night, and to tell me how much he loves me. But because of all this, I'm unsure if I am able to fully trust him again whenever he goes out without me (I've never had to wrestle with this feeling ever and it's quite shitty). Also, I still have a hard time not thinking about his thoughts of wanting to be single and of him thinking about other girls -- he kept assuring me that it wasn't a major feeling or anything but what if he's just telling me what I want to hear because it's feeling all too real now that he's about to lose me? I still haven't given it much thought so my emotions are all over place. What I am certain of though is that this whole thing has made me reevaluate our entire relationship -- aka do I even see a future with someone who's ~probably not fully committed?

If you were in my position, how would you feel? would this be a dealbreaker for you? or is it nothing more than a minor hiccup?

TL;DR: I read my boyfriend's messages about wanting to be single and thinking about other girls, he apologized, and now I'm unsure what to do/feel

submitted by /u/Straight_School_5453
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment