About us

Saturday, April 9, 2022

My father [M63] wants to be closer to me. But his emotional side triggers my avoidance. I [M18] feel really bad because I care about him. How can I fix this?

I am so grateful that I have people in my life that care about me. I'm very close with my mother, my friends, and I have a pretty secure attachment style. I love building intimacy with others.

But this doesn't apply to my father. His feminine, emotional side just weirds me out in a way. I feel terribly sorry because I know he cares about me but it's not really a father figure that I am looking for.

I find it extremely hard to open up to him. I can't ever show him my emotions and when he does show his and reaches out it's feels suffocating and I need space.

Again, I don't know why because I'm usually never avoidant with anyone else. He's made so many sacrifices for my education and I am so grateful for that. And I know there are many people who would want a father like mine. It's my last year home before I move to college so I want to make my relationship with my father better.

TLDR:

Basically the title.

submitted by /u/Gullible-Hornet-1047
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment