About us

Saturday, June 25, 2022

Boyfriend decided to take me with him on partners-included team building weekend

I am wondering whether I should be suspicious about my [24F] boyfriend [32M] having decided to not take me with him on team building weekend although his colleagues decided at the beginning that it would be a partners-included weekend. 3 out of 4 of his colleagues are there with their partner, the partner of the one colleague who is also alone couldn’t join them because he is abroad.

When we had the discussion about whether I should accompany him or not, he told me that he would rather go alone since this is the first time he is going to meet his teammates in person (he works remote) and he wants to focus on them and have uninterrupted time with them during the weekend.

He’s there now and I feel a bit hurt about him deciding to not take me with him. I am also wondering whether I should be suspicious about his decision and worry that the reasons he gave me are not genuine. Is it reasonable to not want to include your partner in such an activity even if is a partners-included event?

Tl;dr: partner decided to exclude me from team building weekend although the majority of his colleagues are accompanied by their partners. Should I be worried?

LE: up until May, it was a fixed decision that we would go together. He changed his mind this month after having had some conflict with his colleagues at work. He impulsively decided that he wants to thread the situation carefully and spend time alone with them in order to repair any damage that might have been done.

submitted by /u/Opposite_Button5381
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment