About us

Friday, June 24, 2022

My(f21) boyfriend(m21) has really strict parents. How do I help him feel less stressed?

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for 8 months and met at our university. I'm not sure if this is relevant info but I'm latina and he's asian. I have strict parents too, but they're just not as strict as his imo. I feel sort of bad for him because his parents expect him to do everything. he said it's always been that way since he can remember, but he has a younger sister who's 19 and his parents expect my boyfriend to do everything for her and for them. like he always has to drive her around everywhere just because she doesn't feel like driving. and his parents only expect him to clean the house and do the cooking and chores. his sister does help out sometimes, but the majority of times he does everything. I get it might be because he's the oldest...he said his parents always do everything his sister wants. they don't allow him to really hang out with me. and we only get to see each other once a week and for a few hours on that chosen day. because his mom says why does he need to see me more than once a week. but yet they let his sister go out whenever she wants, and as many times as she wants a week. and he's told me how when he graduates his parents still expect him to send money to them and help with his sisters education because it's "his responsibility". now don't get me wrong, of course I think it's good that he helps out his parents and sister when he can, he's a great guy. but I feel like so much responsibility is put on him, that shouldn't be. I do understand about his parents needing help with certain things, because I also have immigrant parents. there's a lot more, but I'm not going to go into too much detail. I'm not sure how to help him. he has trouble talking about his feelings with me because he said it's not something he's ever learned to do. and I really love him and care for him. I just want him to open up more and know that im there for him. please help it would mean everything <3.

TL;DR! - my boyfriend has really strict parents who expect him to do everything for them and I need help on how to be there for him and make him feel less stressed.

submitted by /u/loveyouv
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment