About us

Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Oooo he (26M) is really getting on my nerves

I (22F) and my boyfriend live together in an apartment in a big city. I have expressed since he moved in last summer that I wanted to move out of the city because I hate it here. I have major sensory issues and it’s been wearing me down. I barely get any sleep because of people shouting and laughing and screaming. If I do sleep I get woken up at 5am sharp every morning to the howling of the dogs in the apartment. And we sweat. During all seasons our apartment is in the 90s because we are on the 4th floor. We have no ac unit so we have our own portable unit that does nothing for us. I work from home which means I’m here almost 24/7 and it makes me angry like the type of angry where you start to cry. And I get rageful at night when people start coming home because of all the noise. The only room in the apartment that isn’t as hot or as loud (still is) is the bedroom because it has a fan but I can’t sit back there because our wifi won’t work in the bedroom (of course). It has really put a strain on our relationship since we moved here.

Well my boyfriend works as an assistant manager and part of applying to become the actual manager is picking what area you want to work. Which I thought he had been picking out since he became eligible in November. But no. He waited until this month with under a month to find a place. Even though I have been sending him potential apartments around us and asking for where he’s going to work almost on the daily since then. And now we can’t find a place. All the places I had saved are all occupied now.

So we just had to sign the lease to live here for another year with a $300 increase in rent to an already expensive apartment that I can’t even get sleep in. And now we will be stuck here in the city because who moves stores after a year of working there. It makes me want to go mad. I love him but it almost makes me want to break up with him so I can get an apartment that would allow me to sleep.

TL;DR!: boyfriend waited until the last second to find housing for us and now we are getting trapped into another year in an apartment that is hot, loud, and expensive.

submitted by /u/idrk144
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment