About us

Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Feelings when you’re the one to end LTRs

People who were in very long term marriages/relationships, like 15+ years, was it just as painful to end it, even though it was your doing? Did you grieve at all? We’re you broken for a bit? Did you feel guilt?

My (f46)ex (48)of 21 years left me last summer. Said he just slowly fell out of love with me. No cheating, I know that. He said he also really struggled starting his life over. He said he had to do it, but it was incredibly difficult/painful. We have 2 kids 11, 14.

I’m just wondering what people in these situations feel. It was a wonderful marriage, no hostility, fighting, very caring, respectful. I know if the marriage is shit anyway, the person ending it wouldn’t likey feel bad. I want to hear more from people in a situation more similar to mine.

TLDR: people who had to end relationships because they fell out of love with their partner, was it still painful even though it was your doing?

submitted by /u/greatwhitenorth7575
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment