About us

Friday, June 17, 2022

I want to end my relationship with emotionally distant boyfriend. He's been struggling with depression.

I began dating my boyfriend in 2019. At this point, I no longer see the future in our relationship. We are both worlds apart. Since March, we have only seen each other twice. He responds to my text messages only every few days, stating he’s been busy with work. We live in separate cities. I can’t tell his family has not been receptive to me in his life, considering our age difference. He never talks about our future or mentions any plans to move in together. Our bedroom is dead. Don’t remember when was the last time we had sex. Probably in 2020.

I don’t want to break up with him over the phone. He deserves a lot better than this. But I am scared He’s openly struggling with depression problems. I am afraid he might attempt and do something to himself. He was once married. His former wife cheated on him. He told me it is quite difficult for him to commit and he’s been fearful since then. It even took him a considerable amount of time to tell me he loves me. I bring up therapy as an option to him once in a while, but he tells me he doesn’t need it. He has also been struggling with substance issues. We once broke up over this when he put an edible into my food.

TL:DR: I fell out of love with my boyfriend. It doesn’t help that he’s been emotionally distancing himself from me for a while. I want to break up with him, but he struggles with severe depression. I don’t want his entire family coming after me.

submitted by /u/One-Confusion-3072
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment