About us

Friday, June 10, 2022

My husband refuses to let me cool down and it resulted in a huge fight.

My husband refuses to let me cool off and it resulted in a huge fight.

Pretty much what it says above. We’re in our late 20s/early 30s and have a generally very good relationship. Every once in a while though we have huge blowout fights.

This almost always happens because I realize I’m not in a mental place to able to have a conversation about whatever he is upset about in that very moment. I know that I need to cool down first.

I try to communicate this to him and he refuses to stop or leave me alone. It usually results in him getting louder and more physically intimidating. He would never hurt me but he is a big guy and looms over me and refuses to give me the physical space to feel safe. I just keep telling or often even yelling at him to stop and leave me alone over and over again and he gets more and more frustrated and in my face.

I’m so genuinely deeply upset after this fight. I feel so powerless. If he refuses to give me space and let me cool down, what can I do?

TL;DR: My husband refuses to let me cool down and it resulted in a huge fight. I feel powerless. What can I do?

submitted by /u/hiddengill
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment