About us

Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Absolutely gated the gift my girlfriend(22,f) gave me(25,M).

TL:DR My girlfriend, got me a Kalimba as a birthday gift, and while i opened it up, she said "she's always wanted to buy one for herself but couldn't justify the buy, so she got it for me instead". I don't like music(especially the kind it plays, she knows all about it), I have fat fingers, and i have a tonne of other hobbies she knows very well about.

Full version:

I am turning to reddit because I didn't know where all to go.

My girlfriend(22,f) of three years, just got me a kalimba for my 25th(M) birthday. And I was very disappointed by it .

She likes listening to the extremely romantic, slow, melodious songs and I don't. Infact, when we are driving and if she plays it, I just ask her to not play them and we could just talk instead. She knows I don't like the music one bit. I don't mind her listening to it, I just don't want to listen to it myself.

And we just recently started long distance, since she had to move cities for education, i stayed back for work.but while I was opening it, and she was on call, she says that she has always wanted one, but couldn't, justify buying it, and that if I don't like it, I could give it to her.

Then she asks me to learn to play it, so that when she comes back for Christmas I can play it for her.

And the note she sent me, said, "it's a good gift buns(that's what she calls me), learn how to play it, so you can play it for me."

I mean, even on my birthday, I have to do something that I don't like to make her happy!!

I expressly told her to not get me anything, but then when she told me she'd sent something for me, then my expectations weren't of a little musical instrument that could play "you're my sunshine"

Shes been in a relationship with me for three years now, she knows i love reading history, I do bird watching & wildlife photography, i carve and Whittle wood and i have been learning how to sculpt with clay.

I told her I loved the gift and that it's super thoughtful to not hurt her feelings and ruin my birthday with an argument. But I really didn't like it, and i don't see myself in it one bit.

I just got her, her first vibrator for her birthday, and while she opened it up today, it kind of slipped out of my mouth and I said "and that's how you give awesome gifts" right after she tested it out on the call with me. She picke dit up, and has been mad at me about me taunting her and me not liking her gift.

What should I do?

submitted by /u/FindMeAHole
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment