About us

Saturday, October 14, 2023

My boyfriend (27M) just broke up with me (22M), I still love him but we chose to be bestfriends, is it possible?

My boyfriend (27M) and I (22F) had been in a relationship for 2 years, however he broke up with me yesterday. Although we had a nice relationship, he unfortunately fell out of love and the guilt of not being able to reciprocate my feelings was obviously too hard for him. We had a really nice break up where we cried a lot together and spend the night together remembering our best memories and laughing.

Because here is the real issue, my boyfriend was my best friend and he still loves me as a bestfriend too. So while crying and panicking at one point I made him promise me that we would stay BFF no matter what. He accepted as he would probably have accepted any of my ask but I know he is genuine about wanting to be my friend. We have so much in common, we learned together on a lot of subject and just litteraly would have been friends if we hadn't fall in love since we enjoy each other presence so much.

However, we just broke up and clearly I am still madly in love with him. Our plan is to still talk on messenger everyday (as I'm used to him being my biggest confident and support and to talk to him about litteraly anything that annoys me), but we won't see each other for a month because he is traveling in Mongolia with a friend. Then we'll decide what we do but we definitely planned to see a movie and go for drinks to talk about his travel.

I truly feel that I want to be his bestfriend as I see him kind of like a big brother who makes me laugh and feel supported in anything (even a lot of trauma). But I guess my question is : do you think this is just an attempt to make him fall in love again (I know he won't) or is it genuine and most importantly is it possible ?

TL;DR! I am still in love with my boyfriend who just broke up with me, we both decided to stay bestfriends but I'm scared it won't work (eventhough we would be perfect BFF for each other)

submitted by /u/Kinlavay
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment