About us

Friday, October 13, 2023

How much doubt is normal when deciding to have children?

My partner and I of almost 10 years got engaged last year. Throughout our relationship she has expressed her adamant desire to have children. I've come a long way towards wanting that goal, but I still have a lot of doubt surrounding the idea. Most days I think that having a child with her is the happiest possible future and something I would treasure dearly. But some days the thought of sacrificing so much of my personal life to raise someone else (when oftentimes it feels like I struggle just to take care of ME) fills me with worry.
How normal are these feelings? I love my fiance and want to give her the world, and I know we would do a great job parenting. But there is still this nagging sliver of doubt that often scares me shitless. Is the fact that I'm not 100% bursting with optimism and joy a sign that this is a mistake? Or is some level of trepidation just part of the program?
TLDR: How much doubt is normal when deciding to have kids? I'd love to hear from others who went through the same situation.

submitted by /u/Appropriate-Bell-515
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment