About us

Thursday, October 5, 2023

Bf (53M) and I (51F) recently broke up. How do I hook-up without getting attached?

Tl;dr Due to my permanent mental illness, I don’t want to inflict myself on anyone, but I still want to have sex (with an actual human). How do I do this without getting attached?

My boyfriend (53M) and I (51F) recently ended our relationship after more than 23 years (our relationship has been cordial, but dead, for the past decade). He has a gf who is perfect for him (a much more fulfilling partner than I could ever be). I, on the other hand, have lifelong psychological issues and have decided that it really isn’t fair to inflict that on anyone, especially someone I supposedly care about.

I am 100% convinced that any remission of my mental illness is only temporary (because it ALWAYS comes back…. it will never NOT come back), and to let someone fall in love with the healthy version of myself is just deceitful and cruel (to both of us).

I will (do) miss having sex with another human being, though. I wish I knew I’d be emotionally capable of hooking up without getting attached. Any suggestions on how to have fun without falling in love?

submitted by /u/These_Lingonberry635
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment