About us

Wednesday, September 20, 2023

My gf(F21) does not want to have sex with me(M21) because of religious purposes

My gf (F21) wants to stop having sex with me(M21) because of religious reasons

My girlfriend and I have been together for nearly 6 years and she and I are very close. I love her a lot and she is my best friend. That being said while I do love her on a emotional level, I also feel like sex is a large part of a relationship. In the beginning of our relationship, we had sex frequently, however that stopped when her grandparents moved into her house. For three years straight from about 2017-2020 we did not have sex. It wasn’t until later in 2020 that we began having sex again, as we started to go to hotels and doing it at my dorm, since I had just started college and had my own place. Granted, during this time she has explained that she sometimes felt guilty about having sex because she felt dirty sometimes or that she was doing something wrong. This is understandable as she grew up with semi strict parents. While we didn’t have sex often because of a couple of reasonable factors, we still found time to do it and enjoyed it a lot. I honestly felt like the sexual aspect of our relationship was staring to get better. However, in the fall of 2022 my girlfriend became increasingly religious and wanted to build a relationship with God. I really think it’s great that she’s doing that as she was really searching for something spiritually.(before becoming religious she was into spirituality and crystals and stuff like that). However, now after becoming religious she started to explain how she feels guilty that she had sex with me before marriage. While I knew this was coming, today she asked if we can stop having sex entirely until marriage. I totally respect her decision and I’m not pressuring her for sex but I’m trying to get her to understand that this a difficult change for me, especially since we recently started having sex after a 3 year hiatus. I’m kinda stuck on what to do or think.

TL;DR : Gf of six years want to suddenly stop having sex due to her new found faith.

submitted by /u/Smooth-Brilliant9370
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment