About us

Sunday, September 3, 2023

What to do with someone had no respect for your boundaries?

I had a family friend go over the line and did something which I think is a complete breach of trust. I am practically livid and I think I should stop and think before I make a decision because the sight and thought of him is making me angry enough I just want to ghost him.

I went through a horrible car accident last year and have been going through a terrible time with physical therapy. I lost my job cause I couldn’t keep up with the hours along with the therapy I have to do 3 times a week. I have also been having a hard time in my dating life as I basically can’t “perform” the way I used to. I have been depressed since then and have locked myself away and thought I still should until I can emotionally recover from this. I haven’t been actively meeting family, friends, or former co-workers.

This friend happened to be in town for his work and I offered for him to stay at my place. Sometimes I would open up to him about how everything has been just shitty. I don’t normally talk to people about it, but since he made me feel safe and that he won’t discuss it with anyone, I trusted him.

He went behind my back and told basically our old friends from HS, his family, and basically anyone I know who I haven’t even talked to for years. Now I’ve been getting calls from people asking, not how I am, but generally just asking for more details on how exactly I am managing life. I even heard gossips, completely a different version of the things I opened up to him. He apparently even took pictures of my house on days I didn’t have the time and energy to clean and sent those to my sister. Now my sister is raiding my apartment and have been coming over to “fix things” but I clearly don’t want that right now, I am not a child.

Now somehow I’ve become an “anonymous” topic for a podcast an acquaintance is making to “teach about the pitfalls of mental health illness”, and I can’t even complain about it to have it taken down because they’ll know it’s me.

I feel so gutted and betrayed. I have never felt so used and I don’t know how to explain it but this entire situation feels like I’m not a real person, I’m just some piece of topic for everyone to talk to about.

Fuck this shit hurts like hell.

Tell me what to do, reddit. Am I allowed to feel this way, fuck man this blows. I don’t wanna walk away from this without justice.

TL;DR friend violated my trust by gossiping about what I opened up to him in confidence, what should I do to make him pay for this?

submitted by /u/Few-Crow6787
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment