About us

Wednesday, November 29, 2023

I (19F) run into my birth mother and she now wants us meet up. What should I do?

It happened this morning at the petrol station. I went to pay for fuel and she was there. She called my name, hugged me and started talking as if nothing wrong ever happened between us. She ghosted me over three and a half years ago and now just acted like everything is fine, she talked almost like she's my best friend and a perfect mother. In the end she suggested that we must meet as there is so much we (she not we) must talk about and how much she missed me. I never felt this before but I was scared of her, I panicked, all I was able to say was "yes mum" and agree with everything. I can't believe that I called her mum. It was all very weird, I felt angry at her and myself for being completely defenceless and scared.

Relationship with my parents was never great. When I was in my early teens I started realising that all what really mattered for them was dance and a will of my mother to fulfill her idiotic dream. I felt more like dehumanised item with a perfect body that they were showing off at diffrent dance competitions. I learned how does a healthy relationship, stable, loving and caring family looks like only when I started living at my boyfriens parents home. It took a therapy and hours of talk with my mum-in-law to realise how toxic, controling and manipulative my birth parents are, how wrong and wicked some of the things they did were and that my childhood was filled with emotional abuse, blackmail and what can be considered as physical abuse.

I was 15 when everything between me and my parents ended. I think it all started with them never approving my boyfriend, me starting to understand what was going on and becoming a bit rebelious. They kind of tolerated him as my friend only because his mum has been my ballet teacher and at the time it was very convenient for them. TBH I don't think they really knew what was going on between us and what we were doing. Eventually I got pregnant. I knew that my parents would never accept it so we decided not to tell them just yet. We didn't really knew what else to do. Somehow- I think they checked my phone- they found out about it and they went mad. They were absolutely furious. Long story short, the massive argument broke out, I refused to do what they wanted and they kicked me out. They abandoned me and completely cut me off when I needed them the most.

Since then I moved on. I am with the most amazing, loving and caring guy in the whole universe. He is me best friend and my husband. Together we have a beautiful 3 year old and we are expecting a little baby girl in just a few weeks and I just couldn't be any happier.

What happened today was like a huge emotional trigger and I just don't handle stressful and difficult situations well and another thing is now is the worst possible time for all this to happen.

I keep thinking about what should I do, what is the best way out of this. Should I meet up with her or just ignore her? My husband offered that he'll talk to her but I am not sure about it.

Tldr Parents cut me off when I was 15 and we haven't spoken since. I run into my birth mother and she was acting like nothing ever happened and wants us to meet.

PS I might be slow to reply at times, but I will do my best to reply to all messages. Thank you.

submitted by /u/Discombobulated_Bus9
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment