About us

Friday, November 10, 2023

My [26F] Boyfriend [31M] vacationing and getting wasted with an Ex?

token throw away as boyfriend knows my regular account. Ive been debating posting this for a while, but finally biting the bullet.

TL:DR boyfriend let slip in passing that he's going on vacation with an ex and their female partner, getting wasted, and doesn't see an issue.

my partner booked a rural holiday cabin for most of a week. He really needed a break from work from not having a holiday for ages (thanks America), and we were both going to go and relax.

Thanks to America again, I have to work and can't go. This was always a possibility from the outset, and in that case he was going to go and relax alone, and book the tourist stuff for one instead of two.

However, a few days before the getaway, he dropped a bombshell – turns out, he's not going solo but with his ex and their new partner. Both ex and new partner are female and date men as well as women, and the plans are now to get wasted together for the trip with more than alcohol.

I've talked to some friends about it, but I'm worried their opinions might be biased. The fact that my partner didn't mention this change until shortly before the trip, only did by accident, and the whole "going with an ex" situation, is bothering me. It doesn't feel like great behavior in a relationship, especially with the lack of upfront communication.

I tried raising it with him gently, and basically his opinion is that it's fine and not a situation anyone would question or think was strange.

Am I overthinking this, or does it sound inappropriate?

submitted by /u/ThrowRA_PecanToucan
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment