About us

Wednesday, November 8, 2023

My Ex (27F) is mad that I (30M) added a woman on social media

Context: My ex and I currently are living together and sleeping in the same bed despite being broken up. This is due to the financial cost of moving into separate places along with the benefit of keeping our son in the same place.

This morning, at 2am, I woke up to my Ex going through my phone and checking to see all my social media apps, messages, photos etc after she had seen that I had added a woman on instagram. This woman in question was part of a group of people that I had met while at a professional gathering at a brewery. The night of the gathering, the small group I was with, consisting of two men and this one woman, all added each other on instagram in an effort to network. Once I came home that night I told my ex all about it and we had a big fight because she said that I was flirting with this woman all night and now was trying to add her on social media. To avoid conflict, I ignored the follow request of the three people that I had just met and left them ignored for an entire month, despite them following me I had never followed them back.

Fast forward a month later, I wanted to post on my instagram story however something in me felt weird that these people had gone out of their way to follow me yet I was not following them. So without telling my ex I added all three of these people as friends on instagram then proceeded with my post. I never messaged any of them nor had interest in this woman in any way imaginable.

Now here we are two weeks later and my ex was up late at night looking through my followers and seen that I had added this woman on instagram. Am I in the wrong for feeling like this isn’t significant because I want nothing to do with this woman? In my perspective I had added all three of these new people together as a group and didn’t single this one woman out. I’ve never messaged her or spoken to her in any way outside of that first time meeting at the professional event. Thoughts?

TL;DR: My ex is mad that I added a woman on instagram a month after telling her i wouldn’t add her

submitted by /u/atemychips
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment