About us

Tuesday, November 28, 2023

My [21F] boyfriend [20M] still has feelings for his ex

Hi! So my boyfriend and I have been dating for about 7 months, 4 of which have been long distance. I recently saw him for a little more than a week which is when we said I love you to each other and made our relationship official.

We've have conversations in the past where he's told me he isn't completely over his ex-girlfriend. But after I saw him and we became official and everything, idk, I thought he would be over her by now. They only dated for three months and broke up January this year. Anyway, this past weekend he got drunk with some coworkers and when he came home we were texting as usual and everything was fine. Then the next day, I was on tiktok and I know it's really unhealthy but sometimes I check his ex's tiktok because she still follows him. But when I checked it, I saw that they were friends now (both following each other). All this time before, he didn't follow her, so I knew it was a recent thing. I was just surprised and felt a bit uneasy, because of things he's said before.

Today, I brought it up with him and he said he doesn't even remember it but when he was drunk he followed her and sent her "the unfunniest tiktok ever" and that he didn't know why he did it. Apparently she just said "what" and he said "idk" and that was it. I was trying my best to be have a clear head about it, but I couldn't stop thinking that drunk actions are things you want to do when you're sober but are too scared. I asked him if it was that or just something dumb he did in the moment. He said it was a bit a both. Then he said, "it was just a stupid tiktok" and I replied, "it's not about the tiktok". He asked "what's it about then?" and I said "that maybe you were hoping for a different reply". He said "it isn't that deep. I just feel lonely sometimes I guess. maybe that's why."

Then he puts himself down a lot saying things like "I suck. I hate the way I am." and saying "I just wish you were here. Everything is easier when you're here."

I don't know what to make of this. I feel upset. I want to forgive him and move on but I don't know if I even should. I know long distance is hard but I'm trying my best. I just don't know if I'm making a bigger deal out of this than I should be.

TLDR: my boyfriend still has some feelings for his ex and I don't know if I'm just making a big deal out of it.

submitted by /u/ThrowRAkugon
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment