About us

Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Should I Let My Boyfriend's Dad Pay for My Flight on Their Family Vacation?"

Hey guys

So, I'm 18 (F) and I've been with my boyfriend, who's also 18, for nearly 9 months now. I'm at his dad’s house a lot, stay over often, and I've gotten pretty familiar with his family.

His dad invited me to join them on a 10 day family holiday in July overseas, and I’m planning to go. However I'm kinda stuck on what to do about the money situation. My boyfriend’s dad is pretty wealthy and really generous, and has stated he can and will pay for my flight as well as anything else.

The thing is, I don’t feel totally comfortable not contributing anything. For reference, a round flight for this trip could be anywhere between $500-1000AUD. My parents agreed that I should pay, and even offered to split the cost with me.

Is it rude to turn down their offer to pay for me? Or should I just let it go and let them pay?

Any advice on what to do? Thanks!

TL;DR: Have been invited on family trip and boyfriends dad wants to pay, however I don’t feel entirely comfortable with letting that happen and want to pay for it myself. Not sure what to do.

submitted by /u/asha_333
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment