About us

Saturday, June 29, 2024

Was it normal that my [24f] now ex-partner [26m] asked me often to sleep outside our home?

Hi everyone.

Well, recently the almost 5 year relationship I was in sadly ended. It was very intense and the last months coming to it's end were permeated with depression and some emotional abuse.

My question is: was it normal or acceptable that my partner would often ask me to leave the house and sleep somewhere else when he was having deep depression attacks?

Sometime I would, because I became scared of him and he would threaten to leave the house by himself (no phone, wallet or keys). But most times, I would be to scared to leave him alone because he would threaten suicide.

In the end, he mentioned he was deeply hurt by the times I did not respect him and left him alone in the house. Should I have left the house everytime he asked me to?

What should I make of this and how should I proceed if situations like this arise in my future life? I don't want to hurt anyone else or myself anymore.

Thanks for reading

TLDR: Ex partner asked me to sleep outside our home when he was having deep depression attacks. Is this normal/acceptable?

submitted by /u/Pretend_Ant_1364
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment