About us

Friday, July 22, 2022

Am I being taken for granted?

Am I being taken for granted? If not, what is happening?

Ok ok this is really long but I dont know how to make it shorter I'm sorry

So to preface this, I wanna say the following examples are recent and stand alone. Otherwise he is totally doting and loving as he always has been and I feel I may be over reacting. Let me know.

So, my boyfriend (19M) and I (18F) are coming up on our one year anniversary. And he is and has been the absolute sweetest. However there have been a couple things lately that is starting to make me think he is beginning to take me for granted.

So for starters: The other night we were talking and I asked if he could pick me up from work and if we could hang out at his place after again (we have done this a couple times now) and he said yes.

Next day when I call after work, not only is he doing and errand but he made plans to call with a friend and play games with him when he gets back. I'm understanding, he is very forgetful and he hasn't seen/talked with this friend in months so ofc I say go for it. He promises me he'll call when he is done, should be 2 hours, and then he'll pick me up. This is around 4pm.

Around 6 I remember I have to deposit a check and ask him if when he is done he can give me a ride, since the bank is on the way to his house, and he agrees. 4 hours later I realized that my curfew (yes I'm 18 with a 10pm curfew I hate my mom too) is an hour away and he has yet to text me at all, so I ask my mom if she can take me to the bank as I needed this check deposited. She said she could at 9:30. At 10pm I text my bf that I did it with my mom, and that I was rather angry he didn't even text to say his call was lasting longer than usual and he couldn't be my ride. He apologized profusely, saying he lost track of time and he feels like an idiot.

Today was almost a breaking point for me. So for a lil background, he and I decided over Christmas to brew mead together this summer. (I know it's weird. We are weird) This has, from the start, been a bit of a power struggle. It is being kept at his house, we are using his kitchen and ingredients, and despite me doing majority of the research on how to do it, he seems to inherently veiw this as his project. The reason I say this is because I wanted to try a sip and he got upset, saying how he didn't want to taste it until it was done, that would ruin it for him, etc. Went so far as to say it was kept at his house, so his rules.

Needless to say that did NOT go over well with me. Anyway, so today he tells me racked it WITHOUT me and ended up tasting it!! I was absolutely livid, and he did apologize saying it was stupid to have yelled at me about wanting to taste it earlier.

Ok last one. So also today, when we were having spicy time and he was pleasuring me he suddenly started singing to himself, then said he needed to watch the music video for the song he was singing. I was upset but I let it slide. After we watched the video tho, we went back to cuddles and he didn't continue what he had been doing previously. I told him off about this, and he apologized, trying to make up for it but I wasn't in the mood.

✨TL;DR my bf forgot his promise to me one day, and next I learned he drank something he yelled at me for wanting to drink, and interrupted spicy time wanting to watch a music video✨

So, am I being taken for granted, or is he just being absent minded. If any of these were isolated I wouldn't see any problems, all of them are irritating but understandable. It's them all put together in such a short amount of time that makes me worried.

submitted by /u/Illustrious_Bag80
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment