About us

Thursday, July 28, 2022

How do I tell dad I don't want to keep any relationship with him?

I know it sounds bad but there's a long story behind it. I'm 22F, my mom is 46F and Dad is 48M. 7 years ago my mom cheated on dad. They got divorced and mom started dating the guy she cheated on dad with 35M, they're now married.

My dad has been verbally abusive and greedy throughout his life. I was 15 when they divorced and a custody battle ensued where my mom wont primary custody of me with me spending 2 days a week with dad. He berated mom which was then reasonable for what happened but over time it got so bad he openly told me he wished he could strangle mom. My mom was wrong to have an affair but she's been an incredible mom. She gave birth to my stepbrother 2 years after their divorce.

My dad is always obsessed with mom and her husband. He won't move on and let them move on. He won't seek therapy or any other way that can help him. On the other hand, my mom and her husband have always been supportive of me.

Why do I want to cut my dad from my life? I'm tired of the berating and abuses he hurls my mom. I'm going to move out next year(I'm living with mom and her husband) whenever I stay at dad it's a hellfire for me. What to do?

Tldr: My dad was greedy and now is abusive after my mom cheated on him and remarried. How do I tell him I don't want to keep any relationship with him?

submitted by /u/TAconfusedda
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment