About us

Thursday, July 14, 2022

What to do with my anxiety?

Hi all! Hoping you can help because it’s absolutely crushing me.

I’ve (M32) been dealing with post-Covid anxiety since I recovered back in Decemeber. I get random anxiety spikes and it’s been affecting me for so long. One aspect that the anxiety is affecting me is with my relationship. I’m seeing this absolutely amazing girl for almost 2 years now (F32). She’s beautiful, ambitious, and has an absolute heart of gold and our relationship has been a dream. To me, she’s the one. But when I’ve been anxious, I’ve been having very scary thoughts- am I into the relationship, do I love her, am I attracted to her, etc. I know in my heart that I do, but my mind keeps trying to tell me otherwise. When I think about her, I get spikes in anxiety. When I talk/facetime her, I get a wave of anxiety that comes and goes.

Whenever this happens, it breaks my heart. I get so emotional and get on the verge of tears or even actually cry because that’s not how I feel and I don’t want this anxiety to be here. We are planning to move in together in a few months and I can’t wait to begin this new step with her, but at the same time, my anxiety is sort of pushing away some of the excitement.

This anxiety comes on the moment I wake up. It also occurs during work and when I’m not doing anything, but it’s most prevalent when I think about my relationship. This happened back in February as well out of nowhere and luckily went away. I’m trying to shake it but I feel like I have no control over it.

Any thoughts? I love this girl to death and to me, she’s the love of my life. I’ve communicated how I’ve been feeling and she’s been so supportive. I just want to feel how I feel without this anxiety!

TL;DR - Got Covid, now have this weird anxiety that’s making me rethink my relationship with my fantastic girlfriend for no reason at all.

submitted by /u/DeaconSloots
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment