About us

Saturday, July 9, 2022

My boyfriend downloaded Tinder the day after we got into an argument

I (26F) have been dating my boyfriend (30 M) for about a year. This was my first time dating someone and overall we were very happy together. Two months ago we got into an argument and we stopped contacting each other. I called him a few days later and asked him why he didn't call and if we were done but he just said that he was busy and would call me later. He never called so I assumed that we were over (I really thought that he would call so it took me more than a month to realize that we were really over). This was our third time breaking up so I told myself that no matter what happened, I would never get back with him.

Two weeks ago, he called me and said that he was really sorry and wanted to get back together. I still loved him a lot so I decided to get back with him. The day after we started dating, he asked if he could stay at my place for a month until he found a new place to live (I'm currently in grad school and live alone). He recently moved to a new apartment but he said he was looking for a new place to live because he couldn't sleep well at the new apartment due to some weird smell. I sort of didn't want him to but he begged so I allowed him to stay. One of my friend said that he just contacted me because he had no place to go and wanted to stay somewhere for free but I didn't want to believe her.

Fast forward to today, I was watching Netflix on his MacBook (with his permission) and his text icon started to blink. I shouldn't have but I pressed it and read a few of his messages. I found out that he downloaded Hinge and Tinder the day after we got into an argument. He even went on a few dates a few days after our argument.

I was devastated and I couldn't believe that he would cheat on me. I called him immediately and told him what I saw and that I wanted him to give me some space and stay at his apartment. He said he was sorry and that everything was true. He said he downloaded the app because he thought we were done and he wanted to forget me quickly. I was devastated and I told him that I couldn't believe that he would cheat on me. He said he technically didn't cheat because we were over (even though he did not verbally say anything to me). He said that he loved me so much and that he learned so much within the 2 months that we were apart. He said he realized that I was the one and that he couldn't live without me.

I really think that he loves me but I'm not sure if I can really trust him anymore.

tl;dr: my boyfriend downloaded tinder and hinge the day after we got into a fight and went on a few dates a week later

submitted by /u/335777
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment