About us

Sunday, July 17, 2022

GF’s(22f) dad pressed me(23m) of almost 3 years about future plans/money

Hi, everyone I am hoping you guys can give me some advice on this. I was helping out at my gf’s family owned business and her dad pulled up in front of me and asked me if I loved her. I said yea and he was like imma be straight up with you and basically said along the lines of what can you offer…as in cause I’m making too little and I don’t got a house or any assets. He said he wants her to be absolutely stress free in the future and have a good life. He also asked me what my future plans were but I really don’t know currently what I wanted to do. I just recently graduated college and had been trying to figure out what I wanted to do.

I’m planning to go back to school if I’m not making enough money in my current job to do better but I didn’t say it cause I was in a stressful situation and was absolutely blindsided. Mind you, while he was talking…my gf was standing right next to me and she did not say a word…

What should I have done in the situation, would it have been better if I just said imma work harder? I’m really lost right now…

Thank you for listening

TLDR: gf dad had a discussion with me about that I can’t offer anything for her as I was making too little and didn’t know what my future plans were.

submitted by /u/Accomplished-Call453
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment