About us

Thursday, September 15, 2022

My ex feels a way when I end the call

So my ex (M23) of a year broke up with me (F22) about a month ago. I took a week off to not contact him as the breakup came out of nowhere and I felt blindsided. 2 weeks ago we came back in contact and we are in somewhat of contact for like once a week. I don’t reach out to him, but he reaches out to me to check on me and what not (my grandma recently died so he calls to see how I’m doing).

I’ve realized that after we talk for a while and I don’t have anything else to say, I’ll tell him that I’m leaving the call now and that I hope he has a good day/evening. He’ll then say something along the lines of “oh you’re leaving the call?” Or he’ll say “Oh you’re going to go talk to your new man?” (I have not mentioned seeing anyone else to him but I am seeing other people). I don’t get it. I don’t feel the need to continue a long conversation as there is nothing else to talk about… why does he act so surprised when I tell him that I’m leaving the conversation? I know some may say I should stop contact with him but honestly I don’t have feelings anymore to where talking to him would make me feel some type of way. I’ve been distracting myself with work and other hobbies of life. Maybe I’m just overthinking. I appreciate the advice in advance

TLDR: My ex feels a way when I end the call when he broke up with me

submitted by /u/Dazzling_Ad_1013
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment